The general consensus seems to be that 2016 was a $hit year… And while that may have been true for many things, we’re fortunate that 2016 was one HAHmazing year for Hot-As-Hell. For one thing, it was our first real year of life – while we may have officially launched in July of 2015, we were only available for sale starting in 2016. So that’s when it got really real… There were too many #HAHT moments to count, so we narrowed it down to just some of the highlights:
In January 2016 we started shipping our first collection to major retailers worldwide, including heavy hitters like ASOS, Free People, Nasty Gal, and It’s Now Cool…
Coachella was an exciting time for HAH; tastemakers showed their support by rocking our clothes throughout both weekends – including Rocky Barnes, who rocked our QUEEN 4 A DAY Dress in Slightly Jaded, and Thomas Jack, who wore a custom Hot-As-Hell YOKO KIMONO during his Sahara set
MIAMI SWIM WEEK
Miami swim week will always hold a special place in our hearts, that’s where we launched back in 2015, and it’s where we celebrated our first birthday in 2016 with a catwalk at the W Hotel that was WAY oversold and ended up almost being shut down by the fire department when too many people tried to get in. Talk about a #HAHT mess! Operative word being ‘#HAHT…’
- We celebrated our first birthday at Miami Swim Week with a catwalk at the W Hotel. WGSN named ours the #1 collection of all of Miami Swim Week, and we’re still pinching ourselves…
- Our Miami catwalk also stirred up some MAJOR controversy, culminating in our founder being interviewed by Inside Edition to tell her side of the story.
- We were proud that the Huffington Post published an article in support of HAH after our Miami catwalk controversy. There’s no such thing as bad publicity… and in this case we became part of a larger conversation on body positivity and women’s rights.
- But the press wasn’t ALL bad, in fact most of it was really great. Aside from having WGSN’s favorite collection, Bikini.com gave our catwalk a glowing review, The Swim Journal called it one of the ‘standout shows’ of the season, and our pieces were included in ‘hottest trend’ roundups by Cosmopolitan, Elle, and E! News, to name but a few.
PARIS FASHION WEEK
Our team headed to Paris this past October for Fashion Week / Capsule Show, where we exposed the brand to international buyers, opened new accounts, and met tons of amazing people along the way
In October we also had our first retail location at With.Me pop-up in Santa Monica Place. It was also the first time customers were able to shop our entire location in one place. We celebrated this momentous occasion with a party that Sam Black DJ’d.
All of December we were part of Capsule Concept in Culver City, a pop-up shop selling lingerie and beauty products.
Plus we were proud to have been featured in many of our favorite magazines and websites, and worn by some of our favorite artists. Here is just some of the incredible press we received in 2016:
- Nylon Magazine did an exclusive release of our brand launch video starring Cailin Russo
- WWD gave HAH lots of love this year, including this editorial featuring our REBECCHAH bodysuit
- Cosmopolitan featured our SPLIT AT THE SEAMS dress as their #1 choice of a cute and comfy Thanksgiving outfit
- The Zoe Report featured HAH on multiple occasions, including this story about ‘How LA Girls Dress for a Night Out’ with our HAH CHI BRALITTLE front and center.
- Robbie William’s backup dancers rocked HAH’s HI-KINI Bottom during their BRIT’S Idol performance
- Cover girl Sophia Richie wore HAH’s REBECCHAH Bodysuit in her issue of COMPLEX
The Kardashian’s were feeling Hot-As-Hell this year, and the sisters gave us plenty of unsolicited (and very much appreciated) press. O (from left to right):
- Cover girl Khloe Kardashian rocked our REBECCHAH bodysuit in her editorial for GQ Germany
- (she also rocked HAH in HEALTH MAGAZINE! – seen here in our BODY GLOVE bodysuit)
- Kim Kardashian was spotted on vacation by Popsugar, wearing our HAHT TINSI Bottom
2016 was nothing short of incredHAHble, and we couldn’t have done it without our supportive customers, retailers, tastemakers and press. We are so appreciative of each and every one of U… because without ‘U’ there would be no ‘US.’ Bring on 2017! It’s going to be #HAHTER than ever…
xx Team HAH